Pages


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December

So where have I been? I started this thing and I’ve dropped it like a hot potato! It’s been a busy month, I can use that as my excuse…but I know it’s a lame one. I’ve been reading some other blogs, really good blogs I might add…and suddenly I am feeling pressure. Pressure to write well, pressure to take a ton of really awesome photos…I need to just GET OVER IT and do what I do and see what happens. Before I began this blog I had so many ideas but for the past few weeks I’ve been so busy most of those ideas have just gone out the window. I often think of great things in the shower – I need to invent something to write with or record with while showering, so when I have those great brainstorms in the shower they can be remembered because they are usually forgotten by the time I turn the water off.

So now I just keep asking myself, where did December go anyway? We all know that time flies when you’re having fun, but I have decided that it has nothing to do with having fun, it has everything to do with getting old! December came and went, more like the month of March for us here in Great Falls weather-wise – 15 inches of snow later! Unbelievable, no one new to town believes me when I tell them that this is unusual for us. We haven’t had a white Christmas in years. I keep telling Jeff if this continues I won’t have any hair left by March…warm weather I dream about you!

Christmas, wow…love love love it. I’ve always been a Christmas-aholic. Hmm, seems I’m a lot of ‘aholics’, maybe there’s a 12-step program for me, naw…I don’t want to be cured of my ‘aholic’ issues…I love books too much, I love Christmas too much, I love the Hallmark Channel in the month of December too much, far too many things in life I enjoy that aren’t bad for me – I refuse to give in, give up, go without! I’ve been reveling in this season so much I’ve forgotten everything else (obviously), I get lost in the magic.

Speaking of magic, my dear boy Jared, 19-year old that he is, still very much believes…and I am thrilled with it! It is so exciting to still have real magic happen in our house every Christmas. I pray he never ceases to believe…because I still very much do too!

I’m not usually one to make New Year’s resolutions, but for 2011 I resolve to be better about blogging. Random thoughts maybe, pictures maybe not (maybe occasionally), but blogging in some therapeutic fashion!

As I dance my way out of this year, the end of this first decade of the 2000’s and ring in the New Year, this new decade brings promise, excitement, and adventure…I look forward to it with anticipation, let the New Year begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment