Pages


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I’m not talking about it…aw, come on now…

When Justin was a young tyke (between 2 and 3 years old) he was busy talking up a storm, and singing too. Unknown to him I started recording him talking & singing, so that we’d have a record for all time of how he sounded. He was singing “Hound Dog” and I managed to capture it, for a moment anyway. As soon as Justin realized he was being recorded he clammed up. All these years we’ve teased him about the fact that we thought he said “I’m not talking about it” when he realized he was being taped. Turns out, when I played back the recording many years later Justin actually said, “I’m not talking about them” as we were having a conversation about the Ninja Turtles at the moment when he realized he was being recorded. Even though we now know what it was he really said, to this day we often tease and say "I'm not talking about it!"

Jared has given us a few golden tidbits that we often chuckle about and regularly use too. He has quite the sense of humor and often likes to tease when he thinks someone is getting into mischief. He loves to tell us “Go to your room for two weeks and no supper!” I’m a bit surprised at how harsh he is considering he’s never been sent to his room! But it’s all in good fun, and we joke about it often. A couple of his other famous lines include “Fine, be that way!” I regularly paraphrase him, prefacing it by informing everyone that it’s a favorite Jared phrase. Recently he’s started to use one of my all time favorite phrases, “Aw, come on now!” In order to appreciate it you have to hear him, as he puts emphasis on key words and it just makes you chuckle. It’s become one of my favorites and no doubt we’ll be saying it for a long time to come…aw, come on now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment