Pages


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions…or not!

It’s that time of year again, the time of year when folks start talking about their resolutions…and soon after are talking about how they’ve already broken those resolutions. The other reality is that everyone pretty much makes the same resolutions; lose weight, quit smoking, watch less TV, etc. There’s so rarely any uniqueness to them. Personally, I’ve never been much for making resolutions, as I know the reality is that they are rarely thought of, let alone kept, soon after the New Year begins.

And therein lies the problem, I think, with resolutions. Most folks state a resolution and think about it for about a week or two and quickly forget it. It is not something that they have truly committed to or take the time to make a habit out of. Experts tell us that it takes 21 days to create a habit. My non-scientific guess would be that most resolutions are forgotten by the 15th of January.

I found an interesting article on resolutions, kind of funny reading actually…resolutions one should never make:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/12/29/tf.new.years.resolutions/index.html?iref=obnetwork

So with this New Year I’ll once again stick with my resolution to NOT make any resolutions thank you very much! Oops, wonder what happens if I wind up breaking that resolution?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment